Shop By Brand
WHAT TO CONSIDER WHEN BUYING TIRES
When you start shopping for tires, it's good to know exactly what you need. There are several different aspects of tires that you'll want to think about in order to get the right ones for your vehicle, and the following points are all important to consider.
- Size: Size is the most obvious thing you'll need to think about. Consider the height, width, and diameter of the tires and make sure that they match up with your wheels. This is also worth considering if you're thinking of changing rims and wheels, so also consider what the tires will look like on your vehicle when you make the purchase.
- Tread Type: The first consideration here is simply whether you need a deep, serious tread or mild tread. Some tires offer water shedding tread that helps improve performance on wet roads. Consider what you'll use the tires for, whether you'll be taking them on off-road escapades or driving through concrete jungles, and also what type of look the treads have. The more aggressive-looking, off-road treads generally are a better fit for trucks and SUVs, while standard street tread is better on cars.
- Brand: Some people simply prefer a certain brand of tires. There are numerous well-known tire manufacturers out there; some are associated with racing, others with off-roading, and others with durability and longevity. Some of the best brands in the business include Mickey Thompson, Pro Comp, and Dick Cepek, all of which and more we carry at TDot Performance.
- Rim Matching: While this was briefly touched upon in the Size section above, it's also important to think about just how your tires will look when paired with your rims. Do you have sleek, urban-style rims? A backcountry off-roading tire may not match. Rugged, heavy-duty style rims will look great with aggressive tread truck tires. You'll want to consider the overall look of the tire and how it looks paired with your rims when adding it to your vehicle to ensure you get that perfect look.
- Price: Price is listed last because, when it comes to tires, you really do get what you pay for. If you spend too little, you'll get a shoddy tire that looks cheap and won't last. Often times, spending more for high-end, high performance tires is worth it, so don't let price be your deciding factor when shopping for your set of tires.
If you keep these points in mind, you will find the tires that perfectly complement your vehicle. And if you can't, no worries. Give us a call at 1-800-276-7566 and our experts will gladly help you out.
Shop By Vehicle
- Load More